In 2008, Ontario recognized that many RV’ers, horse trailer haulers and others had trailers over the limit of 4,600 kg and were required to get a Class A license in order to stay legal. Almost all the Ontario License Offices refused to give the road test using these smaller type combinations and insisted on a more Tractor Trailer type combination which needless to say was overkill, impractical and downright impossible for many people to do. So Ontario came up with a Restricted license. This allowed motorists to pull into a Ontario Testing Facility and do the road test using their existing equipment and then drive/pull configuration of a similar size. This was a bonus for the RV’er or people towing applicable trailers (such as horse or utility trailers). With this license you can pull a vehicle over the weight of 4,600 kg but you may NOT:
- Drive full size tractor-trailers
- Drive a motor vehicle pulling double trailers
- Drive a motor vehicle pulling a trailer with air-brakes. (You must have an air brake endorsement first).
- Drivers with the “R” restrictive condition will not be allowed to give driver instruction to another person on a vehicle requiring full Class A privileges.
Taylor Truck Training Services is committed to providing students with the necessary skills and confidence with focus on safety through knowledge that you can run with.
Prerequisite(s): Participants must have a valid Ontario G licence to attend and be 18 years of age or older.
You are required to:
- Have an MTO medical, filled out by your doctor. (you can print one off our website)
- Complete the A class beginner knowledge test, at a drive test center
- Completed medical is to be submitted at time of test
Call (855) 418-8887 for more details.